2015 Sneak Peek ESAD Blog Hop


Welcome to my first ever blog hop. I'm glad to be joining the ESAD girls for my first venture. If you haven't started with me you've probably just come from Narelle's blog and no doubt already seen so many amazing projects that you will be able to make from the new 2015 - 2016 Stampin' Up! catalogue. You will be able to place orders from this catalogue from Tuesday June 2.

 
There are so many new stamp sets and accessories in this new catalogue that I love. I was struggling with ideas for projects that would showcase many different items without being too overwhelming. The idea of making a birthday card using a Project Life pocket page occurred to me while working on my new technique album pages. I narrowed it down to 3 stamp sets - Sprinkles of Life, Build a birthday and You're so sweet. I've also used 2 new punches - Tree builder and Banner triple punch.

This is it completely opened ready for display.
I love this idea as it shows card makers how their skills can be applied to scrapbooking by simply scaling up their designs. Conversely, scrapbookers can see how their skills can be used for cardmaking. Plus you get to use a lot of different products and techniques on the one page/card. And let's not forget the recipient - they'll have a great card to display and they can even put it into their album.
Some of the pockets can be removed like the star card to reveal a surprise inside.
The Just For You card can be removed to add a private message.
I've tried to use the offcuts and extra die cut pieces from one pocket in another. It was so  much fun creating this collage with only a few stamp sets and punches. Isn't the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper Stack gorgeous?

The only dilemma you will have is which way to fold it!
Will it be this way.....
.....or this......
.....or this way?
When designing cards I always seem to end up with a lot of offcuts and unused stamped images - do you? Instead of putting them in a box with all of the others from past projects to be used (maybe one day) I used them to decorate these cute little boxes made from the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits.
The Sprinkles of Life stamp set and the Tree builder punch make a cute little box for a thank you gift.
 
This little box features the Build a Birthday stamp set.
 Thanks for stopping by. I hope I've been able to inspire you to create some great projects when you get your goodies from the new catalogue. Next stop is Bernice's blog.

Next blog
 
 
LIST OF BLOG HOP PARTICIPANTS:
8. Lou Kitzelman - You are here.

 

Comments

  1. Wow I love your project life spread using the birthday paper. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic projects you have created with these products. Such inspiration. Thank you for participating in the Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby. It was great to be able to participate.

      Delete
  4. A huge blog Lou. I loved all of your creations. thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. I really enjoyed doing the project life collage card.

      Delete
  5. Your projects are amazing Lou. I particularly love the Project Life card idea, but I have a soft spot for Curvy Keepsake Boxes! Thanks for joining in the blog hop. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kelly. I've had fun doing these projects and am so glad I finally got around to joining ESAD. It's a lovely welcoming group. Thanks for making that happen for me.

      Delete
  6. wow! what a great idea to make a card with the project life page. I would never have thought of that. I love all of your pockets and as a whole it is a wonderful card for someone really special. Its great to have you join the blog hop as your post and photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea - it's very nice of you to say. Everyone thinks they are a legend in their own craft room but it's nice to put things out there and have non family members and friends look and comment. I'm going to this card/page for my next class or classes. I haven't quite thought it through yet. I think it should be a nice relaxed class once people start playing with the punch and stamp sets and building scenes.

      Delete
  7. Wow, amazing. I love everything you have done. It is so bright and eye catching. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Narelle. I appreciate you looking.

      Delete
    2. Wow Lou just stunning. You have done an amazing job. Proud of you, you talented girl :-)

      Delete
  8. These are just SUPERB Lou! Love them and only wish I could attend your class. I look forward to another addition and idea from your creative self. Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rosie, Thanks for the comments. Sorry you can't come to the class.

      Delete
  9. Our Lou has joined the big time crafters at last - all that talent should be shown off as much as possible - so glad I am able to participate in your creative journey and by the looks of your latest ideas it is going to be a lovely lesson!!!! (Happy Card Maker)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HCM, Thanks for taking the time to look. You'll love the class.

      Delete
  10. Hi Gerjon, You are most welcome. It is a lovely compliment. I am glad that you liked my project enough to share it. A little bit of Australia going Dutch! Cheers Lou.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.