ESAD blog hop - Favourites from the 2017/18 Annual Stampin' Up! catalogue



Welcome to our ESAD (Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators) blog hop. Today we are showcasing our favourite products from the Stampin' Up! 2017/18 Annual Catalogue. Whether you are starting with me or have hopped over from visiting Sandra, get ready to add to your wish list!

My favourite bundle in the whole catalogue (this week) is the Celebration Time bundle. It has so many great elements to it and makes whipping up detailed, yet quick, projects a breeze. I have teamed it with my other new favourite (for this week anyway) - Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). Plus I've used new ribbons and trim ... okay ... I might have a few too many favourites!



I have so many ideas of how I want to use this Celebration Time bundle. There is so much scope but as usual time got the better of me. I had visions of tags, shaker cards and so much more. More ideas for next time I guess. This is what I came up with. (Apologies, trying to capture shine and white is difficult!).


I have taken inspiration from a card that I love by Mindy Bingamon, member of the Artisan Design team and a card I made a while back. My original card came about because of operator error. I cut the cardstock the wrong size, added adhesive and decided to just go with a 'design feature' of an overhang. I always make sure it will still fit into a standard C6 envelope though.


This stamp set has such great fonts and images and the thinlits are so detailed that they do the work for you. The new Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder adds some background texture.


And a bit of mini black and silver sequin trim and some Pool Party Baker's twine helps lift the design.


Have you discovered the different washi tape packs yet. I love the Pick a Pattern pack. It has lots of different widths. Just perfect to add to my card inside.


I cut 2 cakes - 1 silver and one with the font - and cut the bow and stand off the top layer and adhered over the silver. That's what I love about this bundle - so quick and easy to whip up great, detailed cards. In our time-poor lives you have to love 'minimum effort, maximum effect' cards!


Now that Foil Frenzy DSP - Love it!


I love the Lemon Lime Twist with black. A card for many occasions. We all need those in our stash! Add in some ombre ribbon and more mini sequin trim and ... well.. what more do you need??? I can see me making up this design with the other colours in the Foil Frenzy DSP.


The banner stamp coordinates with the banner thinlit in the Large Numbers thinlits set. I'm am sure you could add more detail to the inside but I was running out of puff!



I couldn't resist whipping up a Berry Burst version at the last minute. I've added candles this time and check out that bow. Isn't it the cutest?



Normally I would add more detail to my card insides but if you are pushed for time like I have been this set has some great images to quickly add some detail.


If you haven't discovered this Celebration Time bundle yet you really should check it out. I think you will love it.

Next up is my lovely friend and super talented Kelly Kent. Make sure you complete the whole hop. If you get lost there is a list at the end of each post to get you back on track. We love to hear what you think of our projects so we'd love it if you left us some comments.

Lou
Blog hop participants:

Product List

Comments

  1. Oh, how have I missed this set in the Catalogue. Thanks, now added tommy wishlist 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a stamp set I've skipped over a few times! But it might make it to my list! You have been busy! These are great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lou what lovely projects. I hadn't even noticed this set at all. I may just have to take another look at the beautiful catalogue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cake decorations Lou! How very clever of you :) I also love your CAS designs and the off set card front Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Lou. These cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an amazing ability to add things to my wish list Lou! Such a versatile set, you've done wonders with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! How cute is that tiny gold bow?? Love the look of that Foil Frenzy paper, it just "shines" with possibilities! Such great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Lou - I love your ribbon and sequin embellishments on the cakes - and your photography really shows them all off beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Lou, the offset really gives it another level! Gotta love it when an error works in your favour! TFS! And thanks so much for co-ordinating another blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute :) thanks for sharing I must of missed this set have to go An have another look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Lou. I'm loving the Foil Frenzy DSP

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love the differing designs that you have created with this stamp set, sadly I had overlooked this set in the catalogue...It very well could be in a BBB coming to my house very soon now Thanks to you <3
    Thanks for running this ESAD Blog Hop, so many talented artists here in the group <3
    Have a great day Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fun cards Lou, two more products making their way further up my wish list - foil dps and washi tape (although I swore I wouldn't buy any more of either lol).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Cards Lou! I love how well the foil frenzy paper works on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cards and must now try this overhang of the card - works so well. Thanks for all you do to get the hops going.xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.