30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge Day 18 - Colour Combo and Day 19 - Sketch

Welcome to Days 18 and 19 of the 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge. Martin Stone has organised another month long card making challenge and this one is all about Christmas. If you'd like to see the whole month's challenge themes, check out his blog post here. I am trying to do the whole 30 days. I have already missed a few and today to save time I am combining two challenges. If you'd like to see cards made for the challenge check out this hashtag - #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge

I decided that instead of missing both challenges, I would make a card using the colours of Day 18 .....


..... and the sketch of Day 19! #goodtimemanagement


I have used the Peace & Joy bundle. Yep! I really do love this one! Because the dies and images are a good size your card really does comes together quickly! 


I normally lump Autumn themed products in with snowflakes - I am opposed to them! So I was quite surprised by the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper. Even though it is not Autumn here in Australia and where I live (which has a tropical climate) we don't get the change of leaves etc as in other parts of the world I actually love the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper. Some sides are full Autumn-ness but others have season-neutral patterns such as this gorgeous Mint Macaron and copper number. I need to be a bit more open minded I guess - but I will never love snowflakes - urk!


Another time saver that I have been using lately is to emboss the front of my cards. Saves time in cutting an extra mat and gives texture and that extra bit of oomph without a lot of trouble. I have used my trusty Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. For a bit of extra Mint Macaron and texture I have added in this fab ribbon out of the Basket Weave and Metallic Ribbon combo pack


Another one done! See you next time. x

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.


Need some great ideas for cards for Babies and Kids?
This is the fun Concertina Banner Card that I made.


Find out about all 4 tutorials in the bundle and how to purchase them here


Comments