Stamp Review Crew - Forever Fern


Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hop. The Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring the Forever Fern stamp set. It is such a great stamp set and coordinates with the Forever Flourishing Dies.

  
This is a DistINKtive stamp set, which means the stamps are deeply etched so you get a shaded effect on the stamped image rather than a solid colour. I wasn't quite sure where I was going with this design but the great thing about this stamp set is that cards practically design themselves. I stamped the leaves and sentiment in Mint Macaron ink to coordinate with this piece of paper from the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper pack


I've coiled some of this lush gold cord from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo pack to look a bit like a wreath. I've layered some Brushed Metallic cardstock (ooooh I love that!) behind my sentiment and used the Banners Pick a Punch to get these neat ends. This punch is amazing and makes your projects look so professional.


The card is put together a bit differently to a standard card. I would like to say that it was by design but I accidentally cut my card a bit too narrow so went with it! The Whisper White part has been embossed on the front with the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder and edged with strips of Brushed Metallic cardstock.


You still have plenty of room to write inside.


I loved the accidental design for my wedding card so decided to use the same layout for this Christmas card. You could add a sentiment but I decided to leave it plain as the bow is already a statement!


For this card I have used Shaded Spruce ink and cardstock to match the paper from the 'Tis the Season Designer Series Paper pack and the ribbon from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo pack. I have embossed the front of this card using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. It is amazing how you can really amp up your card designs by adding an embossed background. 


So you can see that I have used this stamp set quite simply but I think it is still quite effective. I love a stamp set like this that does all of the hard work for you! If you don't already have it you should consider adding it to your collection. You won't be sorry!

Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up is my gorgeous friend Nikki Spencer. I know she will wow you!

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.


After some fun 3D card folds for The Guys in your life?
The Dimensionals August 2020 tutorial bundle has you covered!
You can find out more information about the bundle and purchasing it here


Check out my Drop Down Panel Card that I designed for the tutorial bundle. 



Comments

  1. I love happy accidents - the narrow panel worked perfectly! Your cards have a simple elegance that is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lou and I too love happy little accidents. lol It is so elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautifully done. I just got the diamond embossing folder and now I’m really looking forward to using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great accident and what are the chances... We did this fancy fold on our Forever Fern class! Love the alternative to the gold hoops too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.