Stamp Review Crew - Daisy Lane

  


Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hop. The Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring the Daisy Lane stamp set.


This stamp set has carried over into the new catalogue - which is great! There are 2 different sized flowers and they can be cut out the the Daisy Punch and the Medium Daisy Punch. Being able to punch out these images means that you can make full, layered flowers in no time! 

So I decided to make a Peek-a-Boo card. I have used Sharni Haines' tutorial fromThe Dimensionals June tutorial bundle. You will find all  the details about the tutorial bundle at the end of this post. As soon as I saw this card fold, I thought that it would work really well with the Many Mates stamp set as it has 2 part sentiments. So "Get Well Soon" on the front ......

   

..... and ".... better yet?" on the inside. By simply opening the card, your Peek-a-Boo window is revealed.


The Daisy Lane stamp set was in the last catalogue and I must admit I haven't used it for a while so this hop was the perfect excuse to break it out and use it in conjunction with some new products. I have stamped the smaller daisy with Petal Pink ink onto Whisper White cardstock. Each flower consists of 2 punched flowers, layered and offset. I wanted the larger flower to look like a gerbera. Now in Australia we pronounce it with a 'j' sound at the beginning so I always giggle when I hear an American pronouncing it with a 'g' sound. For my gerbera with a j, I have stamped 2 large and 2 small daisies on Petal Pink with matching ink and layered and offset each one. To get the fluffy gerbera centre, I punched 2 x 1/2" circles and stuck together with a glue dot in the centre. I then snipped to the edge of the glue dot. The centre is fussy cut from the large daisy. To add to my design I have added in some Just Jade and Shaded Spruce foliage from the new Forever Flourishing dies, a Brass Foil frame and some gold twine from the Forever Greenery trim combo pack. And all of this is sitting on that gorgeous woodgrain paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper pack. 


The inside of my card has the fern and smallest daisy images stamped. I love the Many Mates stamp set. So great for card folds like this!  

  

It is a bit hard to show you in still photos, but here is the Peek-a-Boo window being revealed!

  

I had forgotten how lovely the Daisy Lane stamp set was! I so glad I got to play with it again! Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up is Mary Haugen. I can't wait to see what she has created. 

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.

Looking for some fun new card folds using some fabulous new products 
from the Stampin' Up! 2020-21 Annual Catalogue? 

The Dimensionals June Tutorial Bundle has you covered. My Jar of Flowers Tri-fold card is just one of the 4 tutorials, and of course Sharni's card fold featured in this post is in it too!


                               

You can purchase the tutorial bundle here. I know you will love it!

Comments

  1. Such prettiness! So delicate, I love! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, the layout, the peek-a-boo interactive element ... everything! Gorgeous card, Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the peekaboo sentiment! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Peek a boo element! Such a fun card to cheer someone up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all the details you added to your fun peekaboo card are out of this world! Love how you got those gold filament pieces to "behave". :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.