Stamp Review Crew - Amazing Life



Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hopThe Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring Amazing Life.
The Amazing Life stamp set is such a versatile one and it coordinates with (and comes in a bundle with) my favourites, the Rectangle Stitched Framelits. I must admit that this my first inking of this stamp set. Why did I wait so long??? It is fabulous!

My creative friend and fellow SRC member, Kelly Kent, shared a fun card fold that she had discovered this week called a Pull Out Side Pocket  card. You can see her version here. Kelly saw the idea on Barb Mullikin's blog. Check out her post and video to learn how to make them. 


You create a pocket that hides a pull out card. The raised cake panel on this card is actually attached to the inside card. When you watch  Barb's video it will make sense. Just remember to cut the section out of the card front before adhering the flaps down. Learnt that the hard way!


Isn't that nifty!


I love that the Amazing Life stamp set has bold sentiments and images that lend themselves to colouring. You don't even have to add shading - just quickly colour, fussy cut and adhere for a quick card.


There are so many great stamps in this stamp set so I couldn't stop at just one card! 


I love how the Rectangle Stitched Framelits give you lovely crisp edges. Such a quick and simple way to make your cards look professional.


To make the ombre effect cake I simple inked the whole image in Pool Party, then used the edge of the ink pad to line the cake sections and ink the lower two tiers in Balmy Blue and then did the same for the bottom tier in Night of  Navy. Then when I stamped it I got this cool effect. Make sure you start with the lightest ink colour first so that you don't transfer colours to your ink pads.


Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up is the fabulous Tanya Boser. I can't wait to see where her creativity led her this week!

Lou




Comments

  1. That technique is amazing!! LOVE!! I also adore your coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cake cards Lou - I love your change up on the fold design to include the cake as a removable piece! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of a cut-out card - very creative! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, how clever are these?! Lou, I love how you think outside the box. These are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.