Stamp Review Crew - Butterfly Gala



Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hopThe Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring Butterfly Gala. It comes with a coordinating punch - Butterfly Bouquet punch - which is currently out of stock in some countries. It will be restocked though.


I am crazy busy at the moment and I need lots of cards - isn't that always the way. So I decided to make a few in a similar design and just change up things a bit.


This card design is really easy. All you do is cut and fold a regular card base, then trim off 2.5 cm (1") from the front. I embossed my shortened front pieces before adding in a sliver of Basic Black cardstock and then some of the free Sale-a-bration Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper to make the card front full length again. This is a really quick and easy way to make your card appear to have layers.

From there I just started playing around with ideas sparked from the DSP.


The DSP used in this card can be punched using the Butterfly Bouquet punch. I stamped my images and just raised them with dimensionals over the butterfly on the paper, as they are the same shape.


Simple yet effective!


This card came about because the frame and Pineapple Punch piece were lying on my desk as left overs from another project. 


I love how the design was really lifted by simply adding in a few Pineapple Punch details on each butterfly.


The DSP in this card has butterflies the same shape and size as the small punched butterfly so I used the same idea as in the first card I showed you today.


I love how the bold embossing does all the work for you! How easy is that!


I thought I'd use a side of the DSP that was coloured. I picked out Grapefruit Grove as the colour in the DSP to highlight.


Did you notice the black outline around the butterfly? It is from one of the free Sale-a-bration products - Butterfly Elements. I coloured it by wiping my Momento Ink Pad over it.


Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up you are off to the UK to visit my super talented friend, Jay. He will have something to wow us - he always does!

Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. What a beautiful set of cards! Love the colorful strip on the bottom of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love all the black and white. The little pops of color on a couple of them really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lou! You nailed this set. Hard to pick a favorite but I am a sucker for black and yellow. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, no way to choose a fave here Lou... you have outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lou...what a gorgeous quartet of cards! I LOVE them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Four completely different feeling cards from one great basic layout! What a great way to quickly make a stash to have on hand. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great set of cards, Lou! Every one so different and with great details. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly know this is NOT your problem! That being said, I can NOT go forward in thre blog hop for some reason? (Have No idea why?), so to see everyone's work, I have to go to pervious instead of next! Is it possible that you can add the perivous button? Was just wondering! I love these blog hops as everyone is so creative and I learn so much! TFS! Everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria, So glad you a loving everyone'w creations. Here is the link to the full list of all of the blogs in the hop so you can make sure you don't miss a thing! x https://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2019/02/bg.html

      Delete
  9. Wow gorgeous set of cards you really showcased this set off beautifully Lou! I love them all too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.