What sparks joy for you? Me .... it's creating.

Instead of sharing a project today I have an idea to talk about with you. It's a New Year's Resolution .... of sorts! So it all started with me watching a comedy on tv where the characters were decluttering. I was in hysterics as one lady clutched a glittery, sequined gaudy jumper professing that 'yes..... it does spark joy!' I knew there had to be more behind the idea so mentioned this to my book club friends who told me about the book that the idea comes from - The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organising by Marie Kondo.

Now I haven't read the whole book - just an excerpt on the idea of getting rid of things that do not spark joy for you - so I am by no means an expert on the book ..... but I have watched some of her tv show. I will read the book too but the whole notion of only keeping things that spark joy got me thinking about applying that to doing things that spark joy. Now there are always things that we have to do in our daily lives that probably don't spark a lot of joy (ironing for me) but there are also a lot of things that we choose to do that don't spark joy.

My key resolution this year is to be better at making time to do the things that spark joy in me. The main way I can do that is just creating with no other purpose than to loose myself in the creative process. Sure, I might be making it with a particular person in mind but I want to allow myself time to really enjoy getting lost in the creative vortex. Even if it is only for 30 minutes, the stress relief and happiness (joy) that will give me will last well into the rest of the day.

So now I just need to make that happen! Stamping and creating cards is one of my best 'joy sparkers'. I may have just made that phrase up! One of the best creative things I have ever done was to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. There are a lot of reasons why this was such a fab decision, but the main one is the creative community that it opened up for me. I have made so many wonderful friends through Stampin' Up! who just get why creating sparks joy in me. We mingle through online forums, team days where we get together and best of all the OnStage events every 6 monthly where we get to see and use lots of new products and meet up with demonstrators from all over the country (and world).

So that is my plan - do more joy sparking!

And I have a way for you to be able to spark more joy in your life too! You can just create of course (and if you are using Stampin' Up! products all the better!) but why not become a Demonstrator and mix with fab, like minded people. I don't usual push for people to join but this time of year has such a great incentive that it would be just plain rude of me not to let you know! Here is the fabulous promotion for joining.


Yes you did read that right - the Starter Kit offer means that for $169 you get $315 worth of your choice of products, free shipping and a 20% discount to purchase more of your favourites. And you can upgrade your Starter Kit to include the Craft & Carry Tote.  This exclusive tote is only available to new demonstrators. The upgrade is $210 and includes the above items from the $169 kit plus the tote.

You can read more information about joining my team here but in a nutshell there are no other hidden requirements. There are:
  • No minimum number of workshops, demonstrations or parties
  • No minimum time commitment
  • No minimum customer numbers (you can just buy for yourself and take advantage of the minimum 20% discount)
  • No penalty if you find that being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator doesn’t suit you - you just drop out!
There is so much support that you can receive from both myself and Stampin' Up!.

Why pay full price for products when you can get a minimum of 20% off each order for as long as you choose be a demonstrator!

I would dearly love to have you on my team. You can live anywhere in Australia - team meetings can happen online after all if needed. So if this is something you have  been contemplating or just buy Stampin' Up! products regularly ..... why not just join? You will have so much joy sparked!

Thanks for hanging in there! If you got this far I'd love to hear what sparks joy for you and how you plan to fit more of that in this year.

Let the joy sparking begin!



Lou


Comments