Colour INKspiration Challenge #12 Blog Hop



Time for another Colour INKspiration challenge and as always we are kicking it off with a blog hop. Whether you have hopped over from Kim, or are starting with me, you are sure to get lots of INKspiration. The challenge this week has 8 colours in it and you have to use a minimum of 4.


I couldn't help myself - I just had to use all 8!


I hadn't originally intended to use all 8 colours. I started as I normally do when I am unsure what I will make for a challenge - generally phaffing about by getting all of the colours out and playing around with combinations and proportions. With a few strips of cardstock a card was born!


I always keep my offcuts in my cardstock packs. You just never know when they will come in handy! For a card like this you can use any width of strip that you like. I played around with proportion until I was happy. I can see me recreating this with other combinations. In a way it is like creating your own Designer Series Paper for the background.


Because the background was a bit busy I decided to keep the sentiment panel really simple. The Lovely Inside and Out bundle was perfect for this.


A few left over strips added a nice detail for the card inside.


I can't wait to see what you come up with. Remember to use at least 4 of the colours.

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have Rebecca. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You will love it!

Lou


Product List

Comments

  1. This is a bit retro with the coloured stripes on it! It's great Lou I love how it's not too busy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love the concept of this card Lou. I keep all my scraps too - and you have just given me another way to use them <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is so effective!!! love the stripes and all the colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really striking. Clever and clean. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good looking card, clean and yet with all the colours included.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome scrap recycling Lou! The strips really do create a fabulous DSP effect and all the colours together look very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card Lou - I never would have thought of adding the layers of colours behind the Lovely Words cut out. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet this card feels awesome! All those layers are just fabulous - and clever you using all the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! Love how you've used all your paper strips in layers! And the white card front finishes it perfectly. Love! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the stripes and the clean, graphic design of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We keep our off cuts too! The stripes works well for using all the colours in the challenge. Jay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.