Colour INKspiration Challenge #08 Blog Hop



How has it rolled around again so quickly? It's time for another Colour INKspiration challenge and as usual we are kicking it off with a blog hop. Whether you are starting with me or have hopped over from Rose you are in for a real treat.

Now the colours this week were a bit challenging for me.....and believe me the whole idea of this being a 'challenge' group is not lost on me! I just couldn't make anything work but that is the fabulous thing about challenges - they 'challenge' you to think in different ways. So here are the colours that 'challenged'  me so much.


I kept getting sad when I tried to use them. Team that with trying to use some of my retiring favourites and well...... hot mess is what comes to mind! I knew I wanted to use Larry (what else would you call a llama I ask you!!!) from the Birthday Fiesta stamp set but.... he just looked sad! So I cheated a touch....oops...but it did cheer me up! So I went with business (the challenge) on the front.....


...... and party on the inside. Now look how happy Larry is!


The front, which has all of the challenge colours in it, has a swinging gate. I love his little hooves peeping through. The gate helps hide my rebellious streak!



Then on the inside I have used the streamers from the coordinating Fiesta Time framelits. I kept the colours neutral so that I can use this for a male card if needed. This stamp set and framelits are retiring at the end of  May so make sure you snap them up before they sell out. Another retiring favourite is the Festive Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It is so versatile - you better grab that as well! Here I have put the cardstock in at an angle and left the bottom corner peaking out.


The Classic Label punch was perfect for highlighting the phrases from the sentiment stamp.


Because I had gone a touch crazy with my decoration on the front and inside, I added a panel to write on on what is technically the back. I used sticky notes to mask off areas so that I could get the 3 colours.


So ...... I hope you can forgive a touch of rebelliousness. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure you won't need to cheat. When I look at what the rest of the crew have done I can't believe I had so much trouble. I love the diverse range of projects that can come from one set of colours.

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have our guest designer, Sue Vine. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You'll love it!

Lou


Product List

Comments

  1. Oh, you're so cheeky Miss Lou! But I love it! Larry looks very pleased with himself! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our family "Larry" is affectionately used to refer to anyone behaving like a lunatic!!! But I love that your llama has a name- and a gate, and a streamer or two! Brilliant card Lou ( i especially like the three little snippets of streamer carried over to the back!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gate is brilliant and when he peeks over the top he looks so cheeky, like he's got a secret...... And he does. Teehee. Cute as.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh, your card put an immediate smile of my face! what a cheeky llama! TFS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's adorable!! I love the way you have made the card fold with it's gate love it!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rebel, Lou! Larry is the best party llama ever. Such a great project with the Challenge colours. D ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Larry Ilama is the perfect name Lou, it's cute and quirky just like your card. Fab take on this weeks colours and a couple of sneaky ones...lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this card Lou! And Larry the Llama - hahahahah. Love everything about this card and the post! Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card Lou and that swing gate with Larry is a super fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It's my new favorite Birthday Fiesta card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awsesome, I lvoe how it's all about face back is the front and the inside out lol and Larry is just super cute. Two thumbs up :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card makes me as happy as Larry, you cute little Llama! I absolutely love this Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to incorporate old with he new! I love this card. Way to Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A sneaky take on the challenge this week. Love the surprise inside!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.