Just Add Ink #392 blog hop - Just Add Something New


To kick off the year all of the team from Just Add Ink are participating in a blog hop to show you some of our new things - could be a product, technique, just anything new! Whether you have hopped over from visiting Nikki or are starting with me make sure you check out all of the team for lots of inspiration.


I've had fun playing with some new stamps, thinlits and a new card fold. This was one of those cards that I just had fun making! And .... I am not ashamed to tell you ..... that I love shaking it. It's quite a good stress release! This is a Shaker Shadow Box card and I have used Bronwyn Eastley's Mermaid Shaker Box card tutorial - with a few Lou tweaks!


This is such a fun card fold as it stands up, as you can see here, but folds flat to go into a standard C6 envelope for posting.


There is a section inside that holds the shaker elements. It adds some depth when it is on display.


I was so happy to finally get a chance to play with my Bubble Over bundle. Aren't these bottles adorable? And how about those bottle caps? As I was designing this I thought I would make a subtle engagement or wedding card. Thought the emojis on the bottles were a stroke of genius but that may have been the coffee talking! The 'bubbles' inside the shaker section are a mix of Iridescent Sequins and circles from the thinlit in the set that cuts the bubbles out. There are a few sizes which worked perfectly here. 



There is a bottle stamp in the set but I have simply sponged the colour onto the die cut bottles, then flicked some water over the top to get a water droplet effect. Ish!

I was able to sneak a few other new products in as well - the Scattered Sequins Dymamic Textured Embossing Fold and the Celebrate You thinlits (which you can get for free from the Sale-a-bration Catalogue with qualifying orders).


And of course you need a spot to write your message - the back has a panel just for that! I really love this sentiment - fit for lots of occasions!


Make sure you check out all the exciting new things the rest of the Just Add Ink Design Team has to show you. Next up is the amazing Denita Wright-Smee. Can't wait to see what new goodies she has been playing with.


Why not enter our challenge- we'd love to see your creations!

Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. Gosh Lou, this is stunning! It must have taken you lots of time and patience! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing project! Great work Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so sweet. I just love the way you did the shadowbox, and can't wait to give it a try. You added so many pretty elements, it makes it "pop"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I think I would have spent a bit of time shaking this card too! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Lou. Such a cool card, and I want to make one just to shake it too! Abso-LOU-tely adorable. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Lou. This is totally adorbs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Lou, this is fabulous! Such a cute and fun card and I’m sure it will get plenty of shakes from the happy recipient too! So many lovely details - I love how realistic the bottle caps look too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful project! Those bottles look real enough to crack open :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love everything about this Lou - the shape, colours, shine & those fab bottles. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspiring, creative and wonderful as always Lou! Buy some more new things!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your idea of sequin shaker to go with the bottles Lou! Very fun and perfect for the bubbly theme and I love the shading on the bottles too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous project Lou! I love the shaker effect and your bubbly bottles are look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a masterpiece, Lou. Love the sponging on the bottles and the flicking of the water (must store that idea away). It screams, 'festive and fun'. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ummmm...just WOW! Absolutely gorgeous & stunning, Lou! So fun, & I imagine it's awesome to shake. Those sequins look like they're just made for this set the way you've put them together. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.