Kelly's Stamping Friends blog hop



Tonight I have the pleasure of participating in a really special blog hop. It is to celebrate the 'stampinversary' of one of my really dear stamping friends Kelly Kent. She is celebrating 5 years of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and asked some of her stamping friends from all over the world to celebrate with her in a blog hop where the theme is 'All things happy'. Kelly had so many keen friends that she had to stage 2 hops - a real testament  to what a fabulous, generous and just all round lovely friend that she is to many. Whether you are starting with me or have hopped over from visiting Rachael Lewsley, you are in for a real treat. Celebrating with Kelly tonight are some of my stamping idols (certainly made it a bit nerve-wracking when creating my card!) so you won't want to miss a single one.

When I was thinking of something to make, I got to thinking about what makes me happy. There are lots of things but right up there is simply creating something and being able to escape the world for even a short time. Combine that with using some beautiful new products (that you can order from tomorrow - yay) and a nifty card fold and well ...... that certainly puts me in my happy place! How perfect is this sentiment from the Lovely Friends stamp set?


I just started stamping and grabbing things from my box of new goodies and it all evolved from there. A vellum punched daisy (love that new daisy punch), some Powder Pink cardstock and coordinating ribbon and some stamped daisies to enhance the sentiment and I was a happy girl.


On Monday I taught the lovely girls in my class how to make Surprise Diorama Cards and thought it would be the perfect fold for this hop. You can find out how to make it here. It is a great fold - super easy but has a bit of a wow factor. Plus it folds flat to fit into a standard envelope. I love the depth you get with the shallow box inside. The Lovely Friends stamp set has gorgeous font, lots of sentiments and little details to add like these brackets/frames. Love it!


I had a left over watercoloured pot from a card I had posted earlier in the week and knew I could plant a Powder Pink gerbera in it. I used an Aqua Painter and ink from the lid of the ink pad to add a bit of definition to each petal.


Gerberas, stamping and good friends - what more do you need to be happy? I am so happy to be celebrating this milestone with Kelly. Stampin' Up! is more than just beautiful products. For me the best thing about Stampin' Up! is being a demonstrator and the networks and friendships that I have been able to make since I became one 4 years ago. It is one of the best things I have ever done and treasure all the friendships I have made and all the fun, support and inspiration that comes with it.

A picture tells a thousand words!


Make sure you hop around to each of Kelly's Stamping Friends. I can't wait to see what they have in store. Next up is the super talented Courtenay Heuston.

Happy Stampinversary Kelly!
Lou
List of Participants
  1. Kelly Kent
  2. Billie Moan
  3. Rochelle Blok
  4. Kayla Renee MacAulay
  5. Jacqui Crouch
  6. Tina Gillespie
  7. Kathryn Ruddick
  8. Valerie Moody
  9. Jo Weedon
  10. Danielle Bennenk
  11. Nikki Spencer
  12. Sylvia Verhulst-Batenburg
  13. Richelle Fletcher
  14. Chloe Evans
  15. Rachael Lewsley
  16. Lou Kitzelman
  17. Courtenay Heuston
  18. Denita Wright-Smee
  19. Christine Blain
  20. Martha Groeger
  21. Patrice Easton
  22. Sandra Collett
  23. Cheryl O'Bree
Product List
Daisy Punch
[143713]
$31.00

Comments

  1. How beautiful and feminine!! Just gorgeous and I love the little surprise when you open the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project! I love the shadow box effect and will definitely have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Lou , you never cease to amaze me with your creativity ! I'll definitely be trying this cute fold ! Thanks for the link to the instructions 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! But everything you do is amazing Lou love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou ... your card is beautiful and perfect for the occasion!...B!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lou what a creative card, so talented. Thx for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous, femimine card. I especially love the daisy in vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Lou. I love the fancy fold. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this card, Lou. Tfs
    Danielle
    Mrs. Brightside

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lou, This set is starting to become a fav of mine. I just love how soft and floaty the whole card feels. Gorgeous! Chlo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Lou. I absolutely LOVE the delicate, soft pink flowers stamped beneath the really bold black sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE! This is such a fabulous combination of colour and design Lou! Totally in love with your inside flower pot too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You never disappoint, Lou - I love your special fold card! Vellum and Powder Pink make it so feminine. The happiness you get from crafty certainly shows in your gorgeous creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, Lou. You are the Queen of the Daisy Delight Bundle! I have fallen for your gerbera's and now your vellum daisy! Just divine. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever and beautiful, as always Miss Lou! I am one lucky gal to have you in my stamping corner. Thanks for being there! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.