Colour INKspiration Challenge #06 Blog Hop



It's time for another Colour INKspiration blog hop. Welcome - whether you are starting with me or have hopped over from my clever, talented friend Kelly. Make sure you hop around to each of the design crew to see what we have created for you - you'll get heaps of inspiration. We have a gorgeous set of colours for this challenge.


My biggest tip to you when trying to create a card for one of our challenges is to play around with the proportion of each colour. I grab out pieces of card stock and arrange them with differing amounts of each showing until it looks pleasing to me. For my card for this challenge I have used the colours sparingly. I have used the Glassine Sheets as a mat to really show the colours off. I'm loving these sheets. They are softer than vellum and add a nice design detail.


No stamping on my card today. All die cuts! I tried to add a sentiment and it just looked weird. The Rose Wonder thinlits are an old favourite of mine and thought they teamed really well with a gold frame using the Stitched Shapes and Layering Squares framelits.


The main panel and frame are raised using foam adhesive strips. I love the extra bit of height you get with them. To set off the design I have used some ombre ribbon and a tassel from the Cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment kit. That ribbon really is gorgeous.


INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have Rebecca.  Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination.

Lou

Don't forget to take advantage of the 3 rd release of Sale-a-bration products. Only 9 days left.



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. Lou :o is that paper from the sending love suite..the glassing sheets!!! If so THANK YOU I have been wondering how I could use them up, they are perfect for softning bold colours. Sometime the brain just doesn't work...I do this with vellum, so why not glassine. Doh! The they way you have used them adds so much more interest to the back ground too! You are a genius! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. THIS IS MIND BLOWINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a bit of a wow card Lou! I really love the gold frame you have done, it is just so super pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wonderful Lou. Love how you've put it all together. Plus, I'm such a fan of the no sentiment card! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have pieced and positioned all these elements Lou. It really is a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I absolutely love that little frame and tassel detail Lou. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, and brilliant, and I love the elegant simplicity and beauty. What a gorgeous card, and perfect for any occasion too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! Great use of the embellishment kit Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful way to frame a rose, so very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning use of the colours! I love the off-set frame and flowers, it all works so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the sparing use of the colour palette. The vellum background really makes the embellishments 'pop'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.