Colour INKspiration Challenge #05



Welcome to another Colour INKspiration Design Crew blog hop. You might be starting with me or have just hopped over from seeing Rebecca's card. Make sure you hop around to each of the crew - you won't want to miss any! We have a soft and subtle colour combination for this challenge.
Funny story...... I was going to make a baby card, had it all laid out then happened to glance at Facebook only to see that Kelly had made a card that was practically the one in my imagination! Great minds huh! So on to plan B! A soft and pretty succulent card using the Surprise Diorama card fold. These are not necessarily my colours (do I say that each time?) but I am happy with my end result. There is actually something great about have someone choose the colours for you - it takes out one decision and really broadens your creativity.


This is such an easy card fold but it has a bit of a wow factor when you open it up. I first made these for a Christmas Card class in 2013 and came across my notes when I was looking for inspiration. The design gives that 3D element that lends itself to so many designs.




Want to make one? Follow the diagram below and you'll have one whipped up in no time. Once you score and fold you can see how it goes together.


I'm only getting this post done in the nick of time as I've had a virus so have been out of action for a week or so. As I am nearing the end of the post, I have been silently congratulating myself for not only getting this done but having a card for a friend's upcoming birthday. Then it suddenly dawned on me that she will see it online before her birthday......didn't quite think that through did I? So if you are the one to receive this just know that it is sent love and please ..... well..... just act surprised! Although ...... you are getting quite old now so you might even have forgotten you saw it by the weekend!

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have a guest designer - Denita Wright. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination.

Lou
http://denitawright.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/colour-inkspiration-colour-challenge.html
Lou
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. I agree, Lou, it's good having someone pick the colours. You've made an exciting and 'different' type of card here. Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not sorry for stealing your idea! This card is awesome! And on my list to try! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm going to have to make one too!!! It's such a gorgeous card Lou!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card design, Lou. Glad you tackled the colour palette with enthusiasm to produce another gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card fold, and it looks so fabulous with the succulents. So gorgeous and Thankyou for the measurements. May have to give this a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well who would have thought of pastel succulents? but don;t they work so well! great card Lou- where did you use the shaker foam adhesive strips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Card Lou - I am definitely going to have to try this one! Your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely birthday card for your friend Lou, she is a lucky gal. I love this surprise diorama fold. It's a great way to show off the succulents too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your fancy fold cards! Who would've thought succulents could be pastel? They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH that's so pretty! Thanks for the diagram, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design Lou and l love the Diorama effect. Thanks for the how as well..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a surprise card, I have not see this before only with a chocolate in the centre so it's given me further inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.